This is going to be a short blog…or long. Who knows, I'm listening to Coldplay so things might get deep fast. The last time I posted a blog about me was like a year ago and since then there have been some changes in my life. One for example, I now wear a ring on my left hand!!!! :) During this lovely afternoon I realized there are several things that people probably don't know about me and what better way to share them than in a blog post? Most of these are small little details of my life but those are the ones that bring people together. Learning the little details of each other is what makes friends. And if you don't know me, I love making new friends! Therefore, this post is to help people who don't know me personally feel as if they do! So without further ado, here are 8 things you might not have known about me! (Technically there are 9 because I forgot one and its the fact that I love using exclamation points. I actually think I use them too much. Mrs. Kay, if you're reading this I am so sorry!!)
1. I love Polaroids! I actually own an original Sun 660 and it is the most amazing camera ever! My grandpa found it in his basement and was going to throw it away! My goal is to one day fill a wall completely made of polaroids from my entire life. Who knows if that will actually happen but it would be sweet!
2. I am obsessed with succulents, or succies as I call them. They are my kind of plant because they literally require hardly any water and Lord knows I can kill some plants. I have them all over my house. They just add so much character and and come in practically every shape and size.
3. The most current change in my life has been the process of moving out of my parents house into my own house. I think my favorite part of the whole house is the vintage red couch and chair. It has been a blast filling this little house with furniture and succulents!
4. This my Logan wall. If you didn't know I just recently got engaged to my Midgett. (His last name is Midgett. I love it so much!) It is hard to see in this picture but the bottom picture was taken on the happiest day of my life! Logan flew out to Virginia where I was at a workshop with my favorite photographer, Katelyn James. I didn't know it at the time but he had been messaging her and had a surprise proposal planned. Katelyn James took our proposal pictures!! That is the very first picture we took together as fiancés along with my mom,Katelyn, her husband, their dog, and all the other workshop attendees! I framed it because I always want to remember how incredible that day was!
5. These are my cameras! I started collecting several years ago and continue to find more that I can add to the already large amount. It has almost become a game to me to see if I can find new ones that I don't already have. My favorite part about the whole collection is that on the top row, second camera from the right is my very first Canon camera. I retired it several years ago but that camera is what introduced me to photography and my love for it just continues to grow today.
6. This is my favorite vintage camera. My soon to be sister-in-law got it for me and it has always been my favorite. This camera always shows up in Instagram pictures because its just so pretty! Thank you Katie. I will always cherish this.
7. I have recently developed an obsession with gold. I always liked it and thought it was a pretty accent color but I don't know what has changed because I am obsessed with it! Ask Logan, there are random gold pieces all over my house! I am starting to realize that everything looks better with a coat of gold paint on it!
8. This is my inspiration board. It sits above my desk where I work every morning. Even on the earliest of mornings when I don't want to get out of bed and start my day I can sit down and look at this board and it gets me in the mood to work (along with coffee of course). These pictures aren't all mine but they are images that inspire me to shoot that way. They help me to think outside the box and try new things. The other thing I'd like to point out is that the reason its all so "organized" is that I am a tad OCD. Everything has to have a place and line up perfectly. I always joke that I can see a crooked line a mile away because it drives me nuts!
I hope you enjoyed that little insight on me and my little details. I want my clients to know me and be able to call me their friend. Like I said earlier, the little things about us are what make people closer and better friends.